The top five fastest WordPress themes
Are you building a WordPress website? In order to develop a WordPress website, you need to choose the right theme.
A theme in WordPress determines the general appearance of your website. In short, your website’s design is defined by your choice of theme in more ways than you can imagine.
One complaint website owners have with their theme is that it shackles their site’s performance. Bloated themes do end up slowing down your website with unnecessary functionality and features you would otherwise use plugins for.
The best way to avoid this is to choose the right WordPress theme. Here are the five fastest WordPress themes you can use to optimize your website’s speed.
#1: WP Astra
The most popular WordPress theme in the world, Astra is lightweight, fast, and powerful. It’s the best choice for website owners who want a no-nonsense theme that doesn’t interfere with their site’s speed and security.
What does WP Astra offer? Here are a few features that WP Astra offers:
- Complete customization: WP Astra enables you to fully customize your website’s layout. You can configure your website with various layout settings, header options, colors & typography features, and more.
- Compatible with Gutenberg: With Gutenberg compatibility, you can ensure all your posts and pages are rendered properly.
- Fast, by every standard: Whether you’re checking your website speed on GT Metrix or Page Speed Insights, Astra passes every test.
- WooCommerce integration: Astra seamlessly integrates WooCommerce and allows you to seamlessly showcase your ecommerce products.
Neve is another popular WordPress theme known for being fast, lightweight, and highly AMP-compatible.
It comes with both a free and paid version with differences in the range of features offered.
Neve is highly optimized to perform well on mobile devices. From highly customizable design features to verifiable speed standards, Neve is the perfect option if you want a theme that will allow you to build a website seamlessly without bloating your database and front end.
Some top features Neve offers are:
- Page builder compatibility: From Gutenberg to Elementor and even Beaver Builder, Neve is compatible with top page builder solutions.
- Loads fast, everywhere: Neve passes with flying colors on the best speed audit tools like GT Metrix and PageSpeed Insights.
- Full customizability: Personalize every part of your website with Neve’s in-built design options and customize how your site looks.
- Starter Sites templates: Choose from hundreds of readymade Starter Site templates and get a website that is ready to go live.
GeneratePress is a WordPress theme specially designed for efficient loading times and speeds. It comes with a free open-source version that’s fully customizable and fast. For more features, there’s a premium version that allows you to customize your website further.
For website owners looking for a simple theme that doesn’t bloat their site performance, GeneratePress is the perfect option.
Here are a few top features GeneratePress offers:
- Built for super-fast loading times: GeneratePress is built to run fast and deliver efficient loading times.
- 100% speed scores: Build a website that passes all speed audit tools. With the right host and a superfast theme like GeneratePress, you can ensure your site passes all speed tests.
- Compatible with your essential plugins: Whether it’s the Elementor page builder, Contact Form 7, or AppMySite’s mobile app builder, you can rest assured that GeneratePress will support it.
- Extensive template library: Choose from tons of readymade templates built with GeneratePress to further trim your web development timeline.
As the name suggests, Customify is a highly customizable WordPress theme that’s chiefly designed to maximize the number of design options you have.
If you’re looking for a very specific layout for your website, Customify is the ideal choice. It comes with a ton of design options for your header, footer, menus, and more. You can also import a readymade template to instantly start building your website.
In addition, it’s also optimized for serving fast loading times and enhancing your SEO visibility. Here are Customify’s salient features:
- Complete design freedom: Get all the design options you need to fully customize the key sections and elements of your website.
- Optimized for SEO: Customify is optimized to meet the technical SEO standards set by search engines.
- Efficient loading times: With the right website host and Customify, you can ensure your website loads fast.
- Ready-to-publish templates: Choose from a ton of templates you can directly import to your website. Each template is designed end-to-end and ready for launch.
#5: Official WordPress themes
WordPress generally releases its own themes with the launch of a new code version every few months. These themes are specially designed to be compatible with the latest version of WordPress.
When compared to the other themes on the list, official WordPress themes don’t offer a lot of customizability or features. However, they are fast. This is because native WordPress themes are not bloated with unnecessary features.
While using a native WordPress theme may limit your site’s customizability, you can rest assured that your site will run as fast as it can.
When you start building a website, your first priority is generally to ensure it looks engaging and stunning. However, your site’s aesthetic appeal can wear off if it doesn’t load fast.
Your site’s performance depends in large part on your choice of theme. This article discusses the five fastest WordPress themes that you can install on your WordPress website.