Karmilla is a slightly modified version of Karla, the popular grotesque sans-serif created by Jonathan Pinhorn and released through Google Fonts in 2012. It was created to offer an extended language support.
What was added:
- ß for German
- Icelandic diacritics
- french quotes «», €, ¥, ᴃ
- å, ø and æ for Scandinavian languages
- ç and œ for better French support
- various punctuation marks
- lowercase q has been streamlined
- position of the typographic apostrophe has been changed, so it matches the height of ascenders (l’, d’)
For glyph sources, issues and details, check out the Karmilla Github repo.